Thursday, December 3, 2009

Our "Flat" Friends (Thanks, Lili!!)



Time for a change of pace.  Thought everyone might be getting tire of our recent dog-show posts, so here's something different.  Today's post is all about Lili Chin, the fantastic artist who has drawn fun doggie 'toons for Brutus and several of our blog friends.  

I commissioned her to draw Brutus in honor of his first birthday last summer, and posted it on the blog as soon as Lili sent me the file.  I'm so tickled that several of our friends liked it so much that they also had Lili do some artwork for them.  Recently I had her draw Lorenza as her prize for winning our "That's Ridiculous" contest.  

Here's a few of her fun drawings of doggies we know:

That's Sedona, our Duck Trolling Retriever who was one of our first blog buddies.


 This is Brutus the pug dreaming of his favorite thing!


The drawing of  Oliver & Sophie made it into their pawrent's wedding!


And finally, the fashionable Lorenza, drawn in one of her trademark dresses!

Hope those made you smile! Lili really has a knack of capturing the expression on each dog's face, making them instantly recognizable, and she is really fun to work with.  You can see a catalog of Lili's doggie art on her flickr page or on her website.  Her drawings are very reasonably priced, and to make it even better, a portion of the proceeds are donated to the doggie rescue organization of your choice!!  To find out more, email Lili at lili.chin@gmail.com.

I've got another fun (non-dog show!!) idea starting for the next few Fridays, hope to see you all tomorrow!!

23 comments:

Deborah said...

I really like her work! She is so talented! I'm going to look at her site.
Anyways, I never get tied of Brutis and his dog show pictures. I wish I did something like that! I barely have time to blog!!! lol
Looking forward to your next post!

Deborah said...

Hi Brutus,
Sorry I spelled your name wrong up above. Sometimes I'm not very good with spelling!!!
Sorry :)

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

She is so talented!!

Mom says that she wants to have one of Brutus and I done, but it is going to have to wait until after Christmas.

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Kari in Alaska said...

ooo I like those! and she lives in So Cal :)

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Hi Brutus, You know I truly LOVE Lorenza's picture. She really captured Lorenza and her inner and outer beauty.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Lili looks to be a pawsome artist!!! What great pictures!!!

Smileys!
Dory

Bijou said...

Pawesome portraits!

Waggles,
Bijou

SEDONA said...

Hi Brutus! I've missed you, buddy, but I'm back now!
Thanks for including me in your showcase of Lili's fab work! She *totally* captured Lorenza, didn't she?!
Your pal,
Sedona

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Her work is just beautiful - love that one of Lorenza. Mom may just have to file this one for one day.

Woos, the OP Pack

houndstooth said...

I love her artwork! Very cute!

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

We love her work too...Brutus (and all of the blog friends) look fabulous in their drawings!

Oh how we love mysteries...Can't wait till its Friday. We will be on bright and early waiting with our tails all a wag!!!


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo and Bobo

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

How pawesome!

Tank woo fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Brutus!
I made my post about it today!
Thanks again!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Olive said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olive said...

Those are wonderful!!! I need to email her, we would love one of Olive..how nice. Thanks for sharing all of those!!

I bet you guys have been so busy with the shows. Very exciting --great video too.. You did Pawesome!! We loved watching it!!

Best wishes..

Olive's Mom- Stephanie

Sonic said...

Those cartoons are so nice! They need to make more dog cartoons. They really haven't made any since Scooby and Snoopy...

Sonic

Unknown said...

Hi Brutus - you are so so adorable!! We found you through Lorenza!! What a great artist you've found. I'm going to check it out for a beautiful pic of my Patsy shihtzhu!! Thanks - we are following now :-)

Sam said...

I loooove the drawings, just like I told Lorenza today.

And I cant wait to hear about this fun idea!

Dexter said...

I love the picture of Miss Lorenza. It really captures her spirit. That is one talented artist.

Hmmm... looking forward to your surprise posting.

Slobbers,
Mango

Molly the Airedale said...

She does awesome work! We just love the one of Lorenza! It's just too cute!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

We love those pictures!! We also love your new Christmas layout!

Woofs and Kisses!

Freya's Human said...

Oh the pictures are all so great Lili is really talented:D.

Cocorue said...

really pawsome portraits and don't Lorenza look so stylish bol.....

chikisses