Friday, July 24, 2009

Into the wild blue yonder


Don't have much to post this morning, so this is mostly a quick update.  I dropped of Mason & Brutus yesterday afternoon with minimal drama (on my part).  Only felt really bad when Brutus noticed I wasn't following him back into the kennel area & put the brakes on, trying to come back to me.  *sigh....*  I just talked to the staff who said both boys were doing fine, only hiccup is that Brutus wasn't really interested in eating (not surprising). 
Paul & I boarded a flight to Vegas, and after an extra 45 minutes on the tarmac waiting for our pilots (guess we couldn't expect to leave without them), had a fairly smooth flight.  Got to the house here around midnight (which is 3 AM our time), and had a decent night's sleep.  Now the car's loaded & we are ready to hit the road for California, about a 6 hour drive to where we're headed (I'm making our destination a surprise to you all, keep the suspense building, you know).  Here's the only photo I have so far - try to post again later today!

Flat Brutus flying the (somewhat) friendly skies

5 comments:

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

have a great drive - happy you had an okay flight - i am sure the boys will be fine at the spa

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

And the other passengers thought WHAT?


Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Martine said...

I don't think Sugar eats much when she is away either... but she sometimes doesn't eat much when at home... such a danty girl!

Glad there wasn't drama when leaving your boys... I bet they miss you but want you to have a blast!!

Sugar & I welcome you to CA... it's cloudy and windy where we are today hope the weather is better where you are headed!

xo sugar & martine

Lorenza said...

Glad to know everything goes well!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The Oceanside Animals said...

Now did Flat Brutus count as an extra carry-on, or did they just charge you a full additional fare for him?