Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bowled Over


Hello - Brutus here today! It's all dreary and rainy outside, so no walkies. Bummer. On the bright side, mom is letting me post to keep from driving her nuts for at least a little while. Our pal Frankie Furter has observed that we will post on just about anything, and this is another fine example of that!!


Everyone knows that I'm a pretty high-maintenance kinda pup. True to form, I was having a problem with my food bowl. First I requested that mom change me to a stainless steel one, because I think the plastic one I used to have is what made my lips turn pink (it was really embarassing - check the post on it if you must). So she got me a nice one that my big head would fit into without getting food all over my eyes (really, that used to happen). It's great and all, but I really had to crouch down all uncomfortable-like to eat out of it - see?


Far be it from mom to watch me struggle (gotta love her), so she searched high & low for the perfect bowl befitting my most handsome self. It must have been hard to find, but at long last the man in the big brown truck brought me this box


I recognized the WetNoz label and knew it was something special for me!! I waited impatiently while mom fumbled around getting the box open. To my utter delight, it was a fancy-schmancy new bowl! It even came with a stand to elevate it to the perfect level!


This is no ordinary bowl, folks. Just look at all the "benefits" (although mom says "hand-washing" is not a benefit BOL!). I certainly hope it "stays stationary" - no fun to have to chase your dinner around - yikes! The "Anti-bacterial" part is why stainless steel bowls are better than plastic for those of us with sensitive lips!


Well, we've got the requirements alright, especially that last one!! Come on, let's get this thing working!!


Ooooooohhhhh! That is a thing of beauty! Hey... wait a minute.... There's a bulldog in my bowl!! See him?????


Umm... Just one other problem - no food in the bowl! How do you expect me to appreciate this thing when it's empty???


Nom, nom, slurp, nom, snort, slurp, nom......


Ahhhh... (*burp*). That's more like it. See how nice and tall I can stand while I eat now! Better for my back, and better for digestion!!


This thing rocks! You guys gotta try one!! Check out the WetNoz website to see what other cool stuff they have too!

From one bowled-over Frenchie: Thanks, mom!! Now if we could just do something about that water bowl...

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Brutus! That is prolly the most fancy-schmancy food bowl I've ever seen! I obviously need to discuss my food bowl situation with my mom. Oh, and did that bulldog in your bowl skeer you? We have a dog in our oven that skeers me.

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That is one cool and snazzy bowl and elevator thingie. We had to get one for Dakota when she was having a hard time getting down to the bowl at floor level. We still use it now and love having our food up higher. Makes a lot more sense to us.

Great find, Brutus.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a wonderful new food bowl Brutus. I am sure it is only a matter of time before your Mama gets you a water bowl to match!

Smileys!
Dory

The Musketeers said...

It have been raining for days here, and no walkies for us due to that. Boohoo !

What a cool bowl. Thanks fur sharing with us the webbie Brutus ! ;)

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Grrreat bowl Brutus. Is Mason going to get one now??

Stacy Walker said...

That's one snazzy bowl hungry pup!

Unknown said...

Um, mooom, Brutus wants, um, needs a new water bowl. Now!
Twinkie

Smushie Ranch said...

Brutus my love! I wished you were here with us when we saw the wild flowers. Mom brought Flat Brutus along, but the flowers were so high we couldn't even see you. Then it got windy and I was afraid you'd fly away. Oh, and mom was afraid to mention at one point Betty grabbed you and ran like a bat outta hell! I wish you could have seen her chasing after Betty with your flatness dangling out of Betty's mouth.

Mom is so happy you posted about that bowl thing. She's gone through 2 already trying to find the right one for Betty. Why are Frenchies so high maintenance?? Not that you are my fabulous French fry.

I love you!
Stella

kissa-bull said...

who ish the most spoiled woggie in the woild?? you can shee him on your bowl.tee hee hee
pibble sugars and wee wags
the pittie pack

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

Oh wow Brutus! What a fancy bowl you have there! Mom has been looking for a way to elevate our water bowls because we tend to cough after drinking water. A higher angle seems to help. We will be certain to make sure she sees this snazzy bowl!

Chihuahua kisses,
The Munchkins

the teacher's pets said...

Hey Brutus,
Thank you for sharing the information about your new bowl! How fancy! I will check out the WetNoz website and if the price is right, I will buy one for our coonhound, Daisy!

My Sons Mum said...

Im sorry Brutus Im still laughing from the sight of your pink lips. I promise when your flat self arrives here for your stay I wont laugh anymore. Thanks goodness for the shmick new bowl, your Mumzy has some fancy style about her. I wonder if the make them in my size? xx Maj

genji said...

Raised stainless steel bowls are where it's at. We have 10-12" tall stands for the greys. You know you're done when you see your reflection :)

agent99 said...

My mom would say you are one spoilt dog, except for how she treats us!! Enjoy your fancy bowl,

Your friends,
Gen & the Foo

houndstooth said...

That WetNoz stuff is great! We've admired it for a long time. I'm glad you got the royal treatment that you deserve!

Bunny

Dexter said...

That sure is one high tech bowl. All though it kind of reminds me of a bed pan.

Slobbers,
Mango

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh Brutus your new bowl is fit for a king. We could barely see its so new and shiny. Lucky you. Does your kibbles taste better too?
Luv
Benny & Lily

Kari in Alaska said...

we love the new bowls! Nothing like eating to see a reflection of yourself!

Bijou said...

Wow-wee Brutus! That is one fancy food dish. It's so shiny you can watch yourself eat. That might be kinda freaky though. BOL

Waggles,
Bijou

Scooter said...

WOW brutus,
That is one fancy smancy bowl, how cool id that??? I will have to show my mom this bowl, afterall if it good enough for you it ahs to be good enough for the rest of us. I hate the bending over too, just way to uncomfortable :-)

smiles
Jazzi

Lorenza said...

Hi, Brutus!
Wow! Your new bowl is pawesome!
I am sure you are happier now!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Unknown said...

What a great bowl! You do look much more comfy eating out of it!

I agree - handwashing is not a benefit!

Molly the Airedale said...

That is one cool bowl, Brutus! We love how it tips towards you while you're eating!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

You are on SPOILED pup!! And that is coming from dogs who get bacon almost every day - this morning it was a bit of sausage.

XOXO
The Rocky Creek Scotties

PS - say hi to Mason for us.

Achieve1dream said...

Nice bowl Brutus! You are one spoiled pup.

Jackal

P.S. Mom really likes your tile floor. She says it's very pretty.

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

You really look like you were happy to get that new food bowl...& you even got to see that pretty boy in the mirror!! We both have elevated SS dishes too. Hooties isn't adjustable so isn't quite as high, but good for him.

We'll check out that website now.
Have a good week.
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRD & Hootie

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

OH MY DOG! That is too cool!


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

Oskar said...

That looks awesome, you are one spoiled, and handsome, frenchie. Now what about that other frenchie in the bowl, is her living with you now?